Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Alaska Uses More Duct Tape Than Your State

I promise to continue with the Doug and Lollie love story, but first I have to get this off my chest...

I just found out about a job opening in Alaska. dang. Problem is, its for me, not Doug. It is a job counseling families of the military. man. I would love to do that. I did do that when I was there. I miss my adopted home state. I wonder if I will ever get back up there again.

I miss how resourceful people are up there. They have to be. They are so isolated.

Alaskans use duct tape on everything. To apply the foil to the windows in summer, (to keep the midnight sun away so kids will sleep), to appy directly to skin in winter, (to avoid frost bite), even to duct tapes friends to walls who do a snow dance and bring on a spring blizzard.
sometimes I really miss you Alaska.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I'm reading a book right now that is about an American family that are farmers back in the early 1900's. They were very resourceful . . . we are missing that today in our lives that are so full of everything we could need, want or desire!!! A little lack of something would do us good, I'm a thinking!

Georgia said...

I have to agree with Tina...we are such a wasteful, spoiled soceity. We could use a little of that resourceful ingenuity of the Alaskans.

I hope you get back there someday.

Tina said...

Hey! I'm missing your blogging!!!! (is your TV still on!!! tee hee ;) It has been great getting a peek into your life!