Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

yesterday

"In Mormon culture females are supposed accept a calling. They are to be constantly smiling over their family of five. They are supposed to take supper across the street to an ill neighbor and then put up with their husband when he comes home from work and smile about it the whole time. There is this sense that Mrs. Jones down street is doing the same thing, and there is this undercurrent of competition. To be a good mother and wife, women have to put on this mask of perfection. They can't show their tears, depression or agony,"

From ABC News

I had the most depressing day yesterday. My brilliant daughter is slowly being convinced by the extended family and mormon culture that getting higher education is pointless for women.

I want to puke.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hopefully your brilliant daughter will STAY brillant and continue on!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Which one, is it one of my 2!? I will talk to them!!! They are smart, and will figure it out! eep the faith and hope!