Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Too Young to Marry

My baby girl is thinking of getting married. Married. to a boy...well, she thinks he's a man. She is delusional. I'm coming to terms with it. She brought him home last weekend. He asked Doug for his permission to marry his daughter. He asked in a very Rocky kind of way. He stuck his head in the bedroom door and said, "Hey, you got a cute daughter, mind if I marry her?"

Doug actually said, "Okay".

I'm the one who put him through the ringer. I'm also the one who had an overwhelming feeling of love for the kid equivalent to the emotion that welled up in me each time I found out I was going to have a baby.

He is really a sweet kid. Come September, I'm going to be the official mother of eight. Count 'em, eight.

He offered eight cows for Sierra. I settled for him taking care of her for eternity. That is a more expensive option on his part. He is simplly adorable. My grandchildren will be adorable.

3 comments:

Georgia said...

Oh, Congratulations on a new son-in-law, Lolli! What a fun summer you will have planning a wedding! Engagement photos, all those decisions! That is what we were doing one year ago in anticipation of our daughter's June wedding. I get little pangs now and then thinking about how much fun, how much work, and how much money we went through last year.

I certainly love my amazing son-in-law. He is taking such good care of my baby girl. These are amazing times we are going through!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

What!?! I think I better come check him out! Are you sure he is good enoug for our girl??? She is pretty wonderful!
That is pretty great! Do you know where or when in Sept.??? I may be home for a little while!
And he is the lucky one, to be gaining you for a mom!

Sierra Debenham said...

Mom, do you not see the discrepancy between the caption underneath your picture and this blog entry?