Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Monday, August 17, 2009

some of my latest poetry!!!

Ode to Las Vegas

I’m on my way to the city of sin
They say if it happens there it will stay in
But sin tends to wander and float on the air
It gunks up the highway and sticks in your hair
It may cause a pregnancy or a disease
It sticks to your soul like a rat carries fleas
And it spreads to others and sticks on them too
Spreading spiritual germs like the plague or the flu
(it clings to your soul like old gum on your shoe)
And when people go home they take it along
It weighs down the load and it sours the song
When you go to Vegas, please watch what you do
Because your integrity goes home with you
And others are influenced by every act
You = your actions is simply a fact
I wonder how God sees the city of sin
I hope when the dust settles I’m not there in






Cultured
I am a cultural morman and I don’t drink tea or beer
I always dress up nice for church and love the people here
But if you smell of smoke or drink you better not come in
Cause I will just ignore you and your stench of filthy sin
Jesus is my pilot; I have covenanted with him
If I hang with the likes of you my precious light could dim!
I will not touch a drop of joe and those who do, I’ll snub!
And if you make mistakes your nose in it I’ll have to rub
I’ll be a missionary ‘cause that is what I am ‘sposed to
But emulate the words I say, don’t do the things I do

Converted
I’m a converted member of the church of Jesus Christ
I am not lured away by sin nor by gossip enticed
Because I love my Savior I will love each one of you
And when you are in need I’ll be prepared to help you through
I follow in His footsteps and sometimes I make mistakes
I’m no stranger to repentance. I know what it takes
I will be a friend to those who seem to have no one
I will love them as I have been loved by Father’s Son
You don’t need to listen to the wisdom that I give
But together we will learn His word and by Him live

No comments: