Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Monday, January 17, 2011

Avoid Lice

Last week a client told me about her child's lice and the poor living conditions and lack of care because of a negligent father (who has custody). I was awakened at 3 A.M. by a hideous dream in which Pearl had a nasty case of lice and was in complete denial about it.

I looked up websites about dreams about lice. I was told we dream about lice because of fear of

When I was a child I got lice. I WAS the dirty kid. I also lived in a third world country for several months with my missionary parents. I brought it home and infested my second grade classroom. It was lousy. literally. Yet I would not give up that time in Guatemala and the lessons I learned for anything. Please don't encourage your children to avoid the "dirty kids". Isolating them is not only encouraging cruelty, it can be incredibly damaging to their self images. So what if your children get lice. It won't kill them and perhaps it will give them some empathy for those who don't have it as good as they do.

No comments: