Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 13th in Puerto Rico

Did you know Puerto Rico literally means, "Rich Port"? Me niether. It is so lovely here, but hot. Doug and I missed church. We had celestial plans that didn't work out in a telestial world. We are sitting on the deck of an amazing cruise ship. He is reading the Ensign while I'm listening to a book on CD. "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortensen. I have time to think on a cruise ship. Time to think and write. I'm not so sure thinking is always a good thing. Last night I sat in our room just looking in the mirror and wondering about my life. Who I am. Where I am. Sometimes I'm not really sure of it all. I've reached goals I've set for myself but honestly, I haven't set them very high.
Greg Mortensen talks about the reservations he has of building a bridge and bringing the negative aspects of a modern culture to a people who are isolated from the evils of the world. He observes that the sense of community these people share is what the rest of us look for in our cell phoned, media driven, gasoline powered lives.

Christmas time
deck the halls
kids drive me
up the walls
out of school
for two weeks
eggnog cup
springing leaks
reindeer's nose
lost its glow
six below
still no snow
angel broke
her left wing
has sore throat
cannot sing
Santa's beard
is a fake
what's the point
goodness sake
I'd rather
just escape
leave home su-
per mom cape
sit on deck
of cruise ship
glass in hand
take a sip
soak up sun
read a book
scenery
take a look
eat a meal
not prepared
by myself
none is shared
then again
neither is
all the fun
so pop quiz
who do I
whish was here
having fun
without beer
if you think
like I did
I miss all
seven kids!

No comments: