Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 15th...Still in Puerto Rico

Only ten days left 'til Christmas. No stress here. I'm sitting in my bathing suit and a sun dress in a rain forest being eaten by bugs. Doug is hiking up waterfalls and swimming in leech-filled pools beneath them. He gets out of the pools and pulls of the leeches. Ya. Loads of fun. I would rather read.

So far on this trip, I've read nine books. More like gobbled them up. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more fun to read regular books after months of textbooks. I read:

The Last Lecture
The Yellow Star
Certain Girls
Sunshine
Cross Creek
The Burn Journals
The Book Thief
What Would Barbara Do
Fried Green Tomaotes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

I love getting lost in the pages. They fold in on me like sheets and cozy quilts.
There is a lecturer on board from Texas A&M. He has a monotone voice but the actual message is fairly interesting.
Did you know that Charles Darwin was the firt to come up with the theory that coral reefs evolve? He wrote a paper on the evolution of islands. Speaking of which...
Okay. I have a question. Does the girth of the earth increase with all of the life, (plant and animal), that is born and grows and dies and returns to the earth?

Just wondering.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I only read 5 books on our cruise . . . you got some serious reading in!!! I loved "The Book Thief" also.