Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Taking the Cult out of Cultural

Mormons are the new Jews. I feel like I'm wearing a scarlett "M" on my chest in my Cultural Competency Class. Perhaps it should be made into an armband. Key part of the word "cultural" is "cult". If I speak up for my values I'm told I shouldn't force them on others. Yet their values are being forced on me. At every turn I'm told good is evil and evil is good.

I'm told all values are valuable. Yet I'm reminded that if you think it is right to believe there is no right or wrong you are pushing your sense that it is right to think a certain way. If you believe there is no such thing as right or wrong you believe you are right about how you believe. The logic is flawed in this vogue thought process.

It is all so confusing. I can't help but wonder if those holding up the I'm discriminated against signs will eventually do a Sherem and admit they were on Satan's side.

I'll keep standing up for what I believe in. It doesn't make sense not to. If I'm wrong, I haven't lost anything. At death I will be dust and it wont matter. If I'm right, it will effect eternity and I will have won everything.

In educational psychology, Homosexuality is the new black and Mormon is the new Jew. I can't help but wonder how much longer I will be allowed to voice my opinion in print and not be slammed into a concentration camp.

1 comment:

Tina said...

The LDS community is in need of social workers in a BIG way! Keep your chin up! Can you imagine sending one of your newly raised children through a course like the one you are taking! SCARY!