Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Friday, November 27, 2009

Emerson and Black Friday in Zion

Today is the day after Thanksgiving. Wow. We hiked in Zion Canyon. It was beautiful. The fall colors contrast with the red cliffs and reminds me that all I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen. I know. Ralph Waldo Emerson said it way before me.

I wonder if he ever hiked in Zion.

The children are all so beautiful. As glorious in their own individuality as each mountain and majestic tree. I loved the trees. We didn't really get a fall in Montana this year. Jumped right from blazing hot to fridgid then went to mild for a while, but by then, the leaves were just dead. They haven't really fallen off the trees. They just sit there, dull green and limp.

I feel a little like that today.

No Black Friday fun at Walmart for me. Oh no. Had to hike with the fam. Couldn't believe how many others had the same idea. We all looked at each other as if we had nerve to be there in Zion. According to the television, we were all shopping at walmart getting the black friday deals! The traffic was hideous, but worth it for the views and the fun hike.

1 comment:

Tina said...

We did Zions when it was 118 degrees . . . . this time of year would be AWESOME!!!!!