Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Alaska Songs

I'm missing Alaska today. Doug is up there running the Iron Dog. Here are some song about my old home state:

Nuka, Nuka (sung to "Daisy, Daisy" or "Bycicle built for Two")
note: Mistrukas are nesting dolls, Nuka means 'little sister' and a bidarka is the Russian name for kayak.

Nuka, Nuka
Warm in her coat of fur
My mistruka
will be carved just for her
It won’t be a lonely winter
we've polished off each splinter
and you'll look sweet
tucked in your seat
of a bidarka built for two


Sled Dogs (Sung to the tune "School Days")

Sled dogs, sled dogs
sleep without a bed dogs
curled up tight in a ball of fur
you don't complain while I'm saying 'brrr'
I was the dude behind the sled
Salmon in tow to keep you fed
Since you pulled me to Nome
no kids are dead
so thanks for the ride of my life!


Mush Little Doggies (sung to the tune "Hush Little Baby")

Mush little doggies
hurry along
You'll reach Nome
while I'm singin' this song
Curl up tight when the
wind begins to blow
Don't be deterred by
the ice and snow

Mush little doggies
don't you bark
I can start a fire
with a single spark
You can eat dried salmon
I'll have the stew
a tent for me
and a coat of fur for you

4 comments:

Tina said...

I had never even heard of the Iron Dog until Sarah Palin came along . . . . . cool!

Georgia said...

I'm sorry you are feeling homesick. I get that soft, longing sadness about places once in awhile. It is a pull on the heartstrings, but it makes visiting those missed places so sweet.

Georgia said...

Those songs were pretty sweet too!

Lollie Joy Debbiecakes said...

What I forgot to tell you is that Doug slept in the same cabin as Todd Palin one night. It just doesn't sound so great to say your husband slept with the governor's husband.

Know what I mean?