Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Love Day

My valentines day was mildly dissappointing. Except for the amazing valentine from an adorable little girl at church. When I showed it to the men in my life...(Doug and my three boys), They all looked fairly sheepish. Joey said it looked like the picture Napoleon Dynomite drew for LaFondah. I know. He got the characters mixed up. I loved it. It was a portrait of me. Yes my lips were huge and orange, but there was evidence of great care in drawing it and it was the ONLY valentine I recieved.

I know. What am I complaining about? Doug took me to Maui. Lila gave me a chocolate truffle. Joey and Christian wrote on candy from their classroom stash. The most fun I had with V-day was the creation of care-packages for my girls in college. I sent them treats from Hawaii along with stuffed animals of the valentine variety, hotpads, jewelry and dish towels. It is true. It is more blessed to give than to recieve.

But I think I will go out and get a nice boquet of roses and tell Doug that is what he got for me for valentine's day.

No comments: