Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 39 - 40

We made it back to Billings in one piece. Well, technically, several pieces as my children are not technically attached anymore. Physically that is. I love that quote, "Having children is like having your internal organs walking around on the outside of your body." For me, it is really how it is. I ache when they do. It isn't any easier as they age and move out. I bawled my eyes out when we dropped Brianne off at Rexburg. Doug and the boys patiently endured my tears and didn't even tease me...much.

I got on the phone today and invited one of my nieces to move in with us.

Doug found out he was 25 seconds over the time to qualify for the Boston Marathon. He was so cute about getting such a great time. He shaved 20 minutes off his best time!!! What a man.

I had class all day yesterday. One of my courses is on Cultural Diversity. I learned that people should be able to access information in order to feel like they are part of a culture and it should be the rights of all minorities and others who struggle under the poverty line to have the same information as the wealthy. So here I am CHOOSING to be without television. It is freeing though. I may be without one of the ways people have of accessing information and yes, I don't always feel like I fit in with people in my culture but ya know, there are parts of this culture I just don't want to fit in with.

I've had more profound thoughts, but for now, I have to go study. If it wasn't for this television dearth, not sure I would even be doing the grad school thing.

No comments: