Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Believe in Christ

Who are you? Are you discovering new things about yourself? You have a gentle way of impacting the lives of people around you. If you are careful with the power that is within you, you will make a difference in the lives of people you deal with every day.
There will be times when you are surrounded by others who give into fear. You do not need to be afraid. You have a gift of faith.

I am having the most interesting experience in my Ethnic Diversity class. One of my classmates expressed disgust at the Christian attitude of converting the world to their idea of "correct" behavior. From her perspective, Christtians arrogantly push their ideas on others. The idea of truth and light blessing the world is foreign to many of my classmates. They seem to see Christianity as a wrong culture that is forced on others.

I see it differently. I see my own culture being torn down much the same way Native American's culture was torn from them. I'm told I am wrong to believe in my childhood teachings. The irony of it all is I am attending a University that is run by 7th Day Adventists.

Christians.

I know they don't all feel that way. I wish a few more believers had the guts to speak up so I wasn't so completely alone.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I think it takes a LOT of faith to be a non-believer ;) because that is a pretty big oops! when you get on the other side . . . on the other hand if you are a Christian, the oops! won't be anywhere as big. Is we happen to be wrong . . . big deal! The only consequence is that you lived a good life . . . . .

Lollie Joy Debbiecakes said...

nice thought Tina.