Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Friday, October 30, 2009

Today we lost Brinkley for an hour and a half. It was incredibly scary. It seriously shocked me how much I love that little pup. I was late picking up Sam and I took off in the car, completely forgetting my precious puppy. I usually take him with and if I don't, he chases me until I stop unless I've blocked the doggy door or put him in his kennel.

So it wasn't until after I got Sam I realized Brink may have followed me down to the school! We looked for him on our way home and he wasn't at home when we got there so we headed back to the school, got the other guys and several friends and went on a search. We called and looked all over several neighborhoods. We drove up and down our street several times and stopped at home to see if he had returned.

I was starting to worry that someone could have stolen him. Olivia reassured me that Billings people don't do that. I was so worried not only for my precious pup, but also for the loss the boys would feel. Sam and I were sobbing until he thought of saying a prayer.

I sent the boys searching with a several friends and I took my SD card in to office depot to make some flyers with Brinkley's picture on it. The office depot people couldn't figure out how to download my card and I realized I had forgotten my wallet. I rushed home to grab it. When I walked in the door I called for Brink. I walked through the house calling his name and opening doors, thinking maybe he got shut behind a bathroom door or something. Then I turned around and there he was!!!

I picked him up and kissed his furry little face and rushed out to the car. I didn't want to waste a moment to let the boys know he was okay. I called my friend who had them with her and she and her five children were very relieved. Sam was thrilled. He hopped in the car and I transferred Brinkley to his lap. We picked up the other two boys... and then Sam saw the blood on Brinkley.

His leg and stomach were bruised and there was a deep scratch and puncture wound on one side. I was sick that perhaps I had hit him with the car. I called Olivia again and she gave me directions to the Vet. He assured me it looked like Brink had difficulty getting over a fence or brush or something.

We got some antibiotics and were told to put aloe vera on the scratches. Aloe vera is the best thing because it disinfects without hurting a doggy's system when he ingests it by licking it off. Which of course every doggy will.

Since I don't speak Doggese, I'll never know the details of Brinkle butt's adventure.

But my pup is home, safe and sound.

phee-you.

No comments: