Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 41 Priorities and Delegating

Read out loud to myself for a few hours today. I got TWO different phone calls from friends with family problems who asked for counseling. I'm not sure I'm up to this. I like mental health care when you read about it in books. Not when you actually counsel people.

'Specially people I love.

I also worked for several hours at the school. I get more done there than when I'm home. I get so distracted here. Facebook, dishes, chicken to cook, boys to talk to.

But I've committed myself to be here for the boys. If they are home, Mom is. I can do intense stuff during the day at the school and be here for them from 2 to bedtime.

I'm delegating the reading out loud to Doug, though. I think it will be great for all of them. Christian asked Daddy when we are getting cable TV. Dad said, "We're not."

I don't think Christian was too disappointed. He worked on his book today. The one he is writing. The last thing a creative mind like his needs is Spongebob weighing it down!!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Way to go Lolly . . . . some of our best times were when our TV was broken. Had someone ask if we were communist or something, ha, ha! Even though we do subscribe to cable, I sometimes wonder why . . . it really isn't on THAT much, but probably too much anyway!