Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 36 - 38 Spousal Support and Dangerous Tree Trunks

I traveled with Doug to Utah to support him and Rachael in their latest marathon run. Go peeps!!! Toenails are for wimps!! While they were running it, I got a pedicure. In honor of them losing toenails, I thought I would make mine pretty.

I also took five of my sister's kids and five of mine and one of their boyfriends to the play, Into the Woods. It was wonderful. Except for the fact that Little Red Riding Hood broke her leg in the first act. At first we thought the blood-curdling scream was part of the play, then Grandma and Cinderella's Spirit Mother came out on stage. Spirit-Mom called for her dad and asked if there was a doctor in the house. The guy sitting next to me went down to the stage. Thirty minutes later he returned and told me that the giant moving tree had moved one way while Red's ankle moved another and her ankle/leg is very likely broken.

We were all very concerned for the little gal. We also had a great time finding humor in the situation. Like the fact that she had just been eaten by the wolf and then cut out of him and did her song and dance about living to tell the tale. I joked that the whole ambulance, doctor-in-the-house thing was because she had been partially digested and was in pain over the whole thing still. You know, it hurts to be digested. Not that I know this from personal experience. You would have to ask Jonah or Gippetto to know for sure. Pinocchio was wood. He wouldn't know.

So one of the stepsisters moved into the role and as they say, the show must go on!!!

I've been reading and trying to keep up with grad school. It is fascinating!!! I'm learning all kinds of stuff I didn't know I wanted to understand. It is storming outside and we have to drive 10 hours today back to Billings.

No comments: