Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Fighting Flu, Perfectionism and Chocolate Cravings.

Sorry.

I know. Its been a while. I've been preoccupied with what felt like swine flu. Of course, the reason I think it's called that is I had the most intense craving of anything chocolate I could find. I ate cookies, granola bars, chocolate chips and more cookies.

Hey, I was carb loading. I had to build up my energy for all the sleeping I did in the last few days. I had some crazy dreams too. I'm analyzing them. I've been reading Freud's dream analysis stuff and thought it may be a beneficial activity for a hopeful therapist.

Christian has finished writing one novel and is on chapter 10 of the other. This is the latest noticed improvement in his eight-year-old life which I believe is the direct result of no television.
I wonder how much more creative we all were if we weren't waiting to see what creative thing was on TV. But I don't necessarily think no television is good for everyone.

I went to the gym 3 times this week...sick or not. NOT because I have the incredible willpower it takes to workout every day. I figured out the best way to get in some television without having it in my home is joining a gym.

I have a free membership for two weeks because I'm a newbee to Billings.

In reference to my decision to give up TV, One of my friends said not to give up oxygen.

As if.

Honestly, I appreciate his concern. I am a bit of a perfectionist...which is never good. the problem with being a perfectionist is that you not only have unrealistic expectations of yourself, you have unrealistic expectations of yourself.

Liz told me she came across an amazing quote about perfectionism. One of her genius twins wrote it...

...I just called both of her phones to get it and she isn't answering either.

Something to look forward to for next time!!!

No comments: