Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Am a Child of God...with a little help from Jesus, my parents and me

I've been reading a book Pearl gave Doug for Christmas. It is Finding Darwin's God, by Kenneth Miller. Think of the song "I Am a Child of God"...Now try singing this to that familiar tune...

"I am the product of natural selection, genetic chance and environmental necessity" I know. It just doesn't sound as good, does it. That's because it leaves out purpose. My favorite line from a movie, (this week), is from "Corrina, Corrina". The mother died and the maid told the little girl that the Mom was in heaven with the angels. The Dad explains to the little girl that people made up religion just to make themselves feel better. The little girl replied, "What's the matter with that?"

Love that line.

What is wrong with it? Why is it so horrible to believe in something that you can't see that may or may not make sense? Isn't that alot of what science is? Theories? They may or may not be true.

In speaking of the Darwinian universe, Richard Dawkins said, "This is one of the hardest lessons for humans to learn. We cannot admit that things might be neither good nor evil, neither cruel nor kind, but simply callous - indifferent to all suffering, loacking all purpose."

wow

How sad.

I like believing, partly because I like hope.

Hope is my friend.

I taught a lesson on The Creation last week. Have you noticed when you teach by the Spirit you hear things coming out of your own mouth you haven't heard before? I heard myself say that God delegated the creation to the Savior who delagated the dominion of it all to us. (not THERE'S a lesson in leadership).

And WE create our own world...in many ways. In the choices we make and the thoughts we think. We create pathways in our brains by our actions. We evolve every day. We help the world along as it evolves. Brains evolve, Cultures evolve, packaging of food evolves.

We were created by God, our parents and ourselves. And we are responisble for the planet...including the creation of our own bods. But ultimately, He CAN turn even our doozies of whopper mistakes into goodness. Because He is good.


Delegated

We take part in God's creations
Fires, plagues and infestations
Each unwanted pregnancy
And the wanted ones will be
Part of Heavenly Father's plan
Even stonings in Iran
All that happens in the world
From the smallest fallen bird
To the lillies in the field
Every stalk of grain we yield
Doesn't miss the Father's eye
If we live or if we die
Only adds to all the dirt
And the glory of His work
He will turn it into good
Omniscience does what it should


and thats all I have to say about that.

No comments: