Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Monday, January 4, 2010

December 27th was when I wrote this...by hand.

Christmas was marvelous this year. We came home from our cruise and my niece had done a great job caring for the home, kids and pup. It hit me as I was sitting on the couch watching the kids go through the goodies in their stockings, that I had almost died 2 years ago. Phee-you. I'm so glad I didn't. There is so much joy to hae onearth with my kids, hub and fam.

We took meals around to the homebound on Christmas day. We sang a few carols at each stop. One elderly man in a tiny, shabby trailer got big tears in his eyes when we sang White Christmas. He was so alone. It was hard to leave him there.

When we were done delivering meals we went back oer to the mission, (from whense we came with the food), and we sang to the homeless who were eating their meals there. It was an interesting experience. There were a couple of men who seemed to really enjoy the music and even called out requests of songs for us to sing and then they would sing along. It was sweet to watch them enjoy the simple pleasures of a good meal and Christmas carols sung by serious (cough) ametures! But hey - what we didn't have in talent, we made up for in ENTHUSIASM!!!!

Go Jesus!

There was a woman in our audience who didn't appreciate our gift much. She did eveerything in her power to yell at the people around her louder than we were singing. She actually seemed oblivious to us. At one point she quit yelling long enough to realize she was finished with her meal. She picked through what was left on her plate, (which was quite a bit), picked up the plate and dumped it on the plate next to hers, which had preiously belonged to a man who had been kicked out for yelling back at her.

We all looked sideways at her and kept on singing. She was led out at some point and when we finished with our little concert, there she was, outside of the building, yelling at whoever was in earshot outside. Unfortunately, as we walked to our cars, it included us. Joseph is particularly sensitive to profanity. He flinched as he heard her repeatingly say the "F" word. I put my arm around him and he looked at me with such sorrow in his eyes. He said, "Ladies shouldn't swear."

I agreed.

1 comment:

Luella said...

What a fun way to spend your Christmas day! Thanks for sharing your story.