Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Secret

Have you read this book or watched the film?

I am evidence this principle works. I saw this film over a year ago and read portions of the book. I put the idea to the test.

I took 4 post-it notes and wrote statements on them. I posted them inside my personal cabinet in by bathroom which I opened and saw every day. I wrote “I am in the position to own a beagle puppy.” This statement came to pass in a miraculous way. At the time I was living in Alaska with my perfectionist, bionic nosed, dog hating husband. Speaking of which, the second post-it read, “I love my husband completely and unconditionally and he responds with complete generosity. Both of these statements worked together and the puppy I obtained was a more expensive breed than I had even anticipated. I wrote “beagle” but what I thought, every time I read it was “King Charles Cavalier Spaniel”.

It has to be said that prayer is a principle that works much like “The Secret”. It was asking my husband to pray about getting a dog that cinched the deal. I believe God wanted me to have Brinkley. I refer to him as my ‘prayer puppy’ and he is the breed I wanted even though I wrote what seemed more practical (and less expensive).

My third post-it was “I am in a position to help my sister Beth own a larger, more adequate home”. I’m still pinching myself that this one happened. I wrote it, read it, re-read it and prayed for it. I thought it would happen and planned for it happening in a different way than it happened. I thought I would come into a sum of money but I couldn’t figure out how I could help Beth and Jim without hurting their pride. Then one day I was talking to my brother. He told me his wife had turned to him in church and said, “We need to sell Beth and Jim our house for what we owe on it.” Andrew thought for a moment and said, “Yes, we do”. They’re children were raised and they were down-sizing to a townhome.

To make a long story short, I wasn’t in the position to buy my sister a home, (which wouldn’t have worked anyway), but I was literally in the position to help her get into one…which is what I had written on the post-it. I helped by cleaning out the home my physically impaired, pack-rat brother, his wife and children had lived in for 12 years. I was thrilled to spend several days organizing, cleaning and enlisting others to help. Within 6 months of posting my note – Beth and her family of 6 children moved from their tiny, inadequate home in an inconvenient location to a large, 5 bedroom home conveniently located to her husband’s work and better schools for her children.

My 4th post-it note read, “I am in the position to finish my graduate degree”. Nuff said.

1 comment:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

You are always amazing and inspiring me to be better and do better! I may have to find that book!