Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lollie the Naughty Blogger

This is me Repenting:

I have been a naughty blogger. You might call me deglectful of my blog. Sorry folks. You know the only person you hurt when you don’t do what you say you will do is yourself. You start to not trust you. Especially if you are the only person you really promised anything to.

And lets face it. That is who reads this blog the most.
So self, blog baby blog.

About my life without TV I’m faced with a dilemma. My husband thinks we should get cable. I know. What is his problem? He thinks our boys would be inspired by watching the Olympics.
Okay.
I admit.
They would.

But almost in the same breath, he spoke about the latest article he read in American Family Journal about the sexually explicit programs on nickelodeon. And do you know what? You don’t, but I will tell you.

I really like not having cable. I like watching movies and reading books and I hate to admit it, I like not having to watch all of the devastation going on in Haiti since the earthquake. When people talk about how terrible it is, I feel a little out of it, but not enough to actually have to participate in the voyeuristicness of it all. I picked up a time magazine and saw some of the pictures. I listen to NPR every morning so I get the scoop. But people, I am so happy in my cozy little Cableless world. I study and play the piano and go hang out at the The Family Tree, (where I’m doing my practicum), and I get to focus on a smaller world of my own choosing rather than that big, nasty, ugly world the media likes to show us all.

Just call me Ostritch Lollie...burying my head in the sand.

I know there is good on cable. My argument to Doug is that I don’t want the temptation of cable. He says we should only have it for a month. I don’t think I could watch cable for one lovely month and then go cold turkey. I’m worse than an alcoholic. It is a serious addiction.

True confession.
TV is the black hole of time wasting. I know. You thought facebook was. It isn’t. Television is for me.

1 comment:

Tina said...

What a dilemma!!!! No Olympics . . . can see his point! I can see your point too . . . so much could be accomplished without the tv around!