Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Still without television and living to tell about it...

Okay. I'm back to reality. Back to blogging. Back to grad school, housework, responsibility on a grand scale and escape from it by fb, blog and family web site. Ah the joys of modern technology.

Still no tv.

I did join the Y, which, of course, allows me some very limited television privileges. Last night I worked out for the first time. Disguised the whole idea as Family Night. Promptly left the kids in the raquetball court and headed straight, (in a wandering fashion), to the treadmill. Forgot my headphones. Read the news feed for a boring while and found some magazines. My brain has evolved without television. I actually would rather read? Is this normal? I think not. but I read several fascinating articles on wife abuse in Montana, healthy recipes and how to train turtles. Just kidding. I didn't read about turtle training. I made that up to throw you off and just make sure you are paying attention.

I also discovered my new Vietnamese nail art glows in the dark. But I digress.

Had to cut the workout short when Brianne informed me that Doug Junior was bleeding. She hit him in the head with a raquetball raquet. Not on purpose.

We spent the rest of our well planned family night at a doctor friend's (my fav doc out of town), and had his eyebrow glued shut. Then we went to the grocery store to stock up on icecream since it is snowing outside and comfort foods become more of a necessity after Christmas.

What did I ever see in television?

1 comment:

Tina said...

Isn't the holiday season great? It's nice to get back to the normal stuff with vim and vigor!

And your turtle remark made me think (if you haven't already) that you need to read "Life of Pi." I just finished it, and couldn't put it down . . . fascinating to me, and even more fascinating is that I enjoyed it and the genre is "fantasy." Seemed real to me!

I think you cancelled out your exercise with the ice cream ;) but what a nice way to cancel it out!

Sorry about the eyebrow :( !!!