Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Understanding Human Behavior and the Social Environment by Zaztrow

Quote from my Human Behavior textbook:

"If a social worker believes his or her religion is the one true religion, can that social worker fully accept clients who are members of some other religious faith? If your answer is no, do you believe that person should seek a different career?"

Will the time come when members of the Mormon faith and other Christian churches be told they must deny their religion to enter their chosen field of study?

My textbook also defines people who are pro-life as anti-abortion. If they can call me that, why can't I call those who are pro-choice, pro-death?

Why is it wrong to believe life begins at conception rather than at birth. Obama even said it when speaking of young father's responsibility.

It is really hard to stretch myself sometimes. How much easier my life would be if I just stuck with the status quo. It would be so easy to be the good little molly mormon and find fullfillment in church callings, home and family. Why am I so driven to do this? Why don't I just break down and call the cable guy? I could spend the rest of my life just watching BYU television and the Hallmark channel and keep my home sparkling clean and go to lunch.

Today I sat in a meeting with other Social Workers for 3 hours. I'm starting my practicum. This means I get to learn, hands on, the work of a social worker. It really isn't much different than most of the church work I have done. Teaching parenting classes, counseling people one on one. It is just so heartbreakingly sad. I hope I can handle it.

No comments: