Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Moes being Marginilized...

The Marginization of Mormons
Mormons are marginalized within many groups and subgroups in our culture. I’m tired of it. I’m tired of feeling like I have to stick up for myself because of choices I make to follow my religious teachings and not drink, smoke or have sex outside of marriage.
I don’t think of myself as better than others because of these choices. I’ve seen what drinking has done to others and my choices are as much because of self-preservation as they are following the teachings of Mormonism.
Members of my faith believe that the people of the world are a continuous flow of spirit children from heaven who are coming to earth for their physical experience. Because of this belief, Mormon ought to have a tendency toward empathy. Sometimes LDS people may respond to those outside of their faith in a negative way. If they do – they are not living the doctrine.

And then there is the statement by Joseph Smith, "We claim the privilege of worshipping all mighty God, according to the dictates of our own consciense and allow all men the same privilege let them worship how, where and what they may".

No comments: