Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 35

I woke up at 5 A.M. in a cold sweat from a hideous dream. Doug was dating one of my good friends and planning to build a beautiful new home for them to live in.

We will discuss dream analysis later.

I got up and worked on my writing assignment. I researched infant development and Asperger's Syndrome. I learned some pretty interesting stuff. Like the 'test' to know if your infant is an Aspie. According to a couple of docs in Florida, if you tilt an aspie baby at a 45 degree angle he will attempt to keep his head in alignment with his bod. Not so a nuero-typical child.

wo.

Who knew?

Some people have entirely too much time on their hands. However, it is intriguing to better understand how to diagnose these children early. Not that it would have helped us any with Douggie Junior. His mom, (ie, me), was too overwhelmed by life to pursue much more than cooking, cleaning and sleeping.

About the television deficit:
There was a Tsunami in Samoa and Tonga. I saw a shpeel on an Internet feed. I'm so sad for all the families that lost loved ones. Among them one of my good friends I fear. If I had television, I would be in the kitchen puttering right now as the news of all the devastation is blasting through the house. Depressing. It would likely wake up the boys and the day would begin earlier than it otherwise is.

Thanks to the Internet, my head is only partially buried in the sand.

I'm reading "The Little Lame Prince" to the boys. It was one of my favs. I always wanted to grow up in a tower in the middle of nowhere with a magic carpet to ride on when I needed to get out and see the world.

That would explain my tvlessness now, wouldn't it?

No comments: