Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 15

September 11, 2009

Yet another ominous date. Yesterday was seriously crazy. Joseph turned 10. That was enough excitement. But we didn't stop things with cupcakes for 25 4rth graders. Oh no. Being the amazing super mom that I am I made sure his college aged sibilings called and talked to him. I call them and handed the phone to Joseph. I didn't have to worry about Pearl forgetting. She called me earlier in the day, when Joseph was in school, and I knew she would call back.

When Doug and I were at dinner with the boys the phone rang. Pearl's name came up. So I handed the phone to Joseph. He said "hello" and handed the phone back to me. It was an EMT asking for permission to take Pearl to the emergency room in an ambulance. She wiped out on her bike. We called everyone we could think of and had trouble getting getting ahold of anyone. I finally got my sister to go to the ER. Pearl was disoriented and couldn't remember very basic things about her life. I started driving at 10 p.m.

She is okay. I'm floored by it all. Loving children is seriously the hardest job in the universe.

Oh ya. Um... This blog is supposed to be about not watching TV. How did I ever have time to veg? The hilariousness of it all is this...I'm sitting in a motel room with my sick little girl watching a pay per view movie. She has a concussion. She isn't supposed to use much of her brain. The doc said to keep the conversational activity to a minimum.

No comments: