Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

I'm laying in bed waiting for Doug and the kids to bring me breakfast. It is a family tradition I appreciate more on my birthday than the 8 others in our family. 'Cept of course, it is fun to make it for them. Set up the breakfast-in-bed tray that we have used over the years and make it pretty with cloth napkins, rose in vase, and the food of their choice asthetically placed. I love that we make a big deal out of birthdays.

Besides that, I'm really hungry.

and...It's My Birfday!!!

I love to say that. I don't like getting older. But the alternative is death, so I'll quit complaining.

The reaction of my facebook friends to the announcement of my tvlessness has been interesting. One said she keeps the television on in the background just for the company and seemed slightly insulted that I would deem it a virtue to go without.

Another told me she hasn't watched television for years and feels a little left out when friends talk about the latest shows, but whole heartedly supported me in my pursuit of excellence.

No comments: