Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 34 of Life Without Cable

I read outloud to myself. I'm an audio learner. Maybe that is part of my tv addiction. I like verbidge. I don't know if that is a word or not. But that Tom Hanks movie where he is stranded on a desert island and there is no talking for about an hour really bugs me.

One of our teachers had us take a quiz on what kind of learners we are and then divided us up into four groups and do skits describing how we learn. We had two of the students ask directions to three of the others who told them the direction using visual or kinsthetic learning methods. Then they got to me and I used the verbal method of discribing with words only.

We were rather entertaining. I guess you had to be there.

I found a piano teacher for my boys today. Finally. They are in the basement arguing with each other. Doug Junior's voice is getting deeper all the time. Sometimes it really freaks me out. He is only 12 for heavens sake. I'm so dreading the teen years. I think Sandra is right, perhaps it was inspiration from heaven to lose the television and go to Grad school. The things I am learning will only help with parenting. It isn't that much more expensive than family therapy, psychoanalysis for me and a bunch of medication for all of us.

What is the point of being married to a doctor when he won't get me free drugs?

I know. That really isn't funny. If you know my family background, you know why. If you don't...you didn't live in Delta Utah in the seventies. My mother's perscription drug addiction was the talk of the town.

I miss her. It must have been aweful to be as intelligent as she was in a time in the history of the world and within the culture of Utah. I honestly don't blame her much. Besides, she overcame it. I'm so proud of her. Good job Mom!!!

Do you think angels read blogs? Ooo. Maybe there is a huge computer screen in the sky, (at least at Mom's house in heaven), where if one of her kids is blogging, the words shoot across the screen. I'm not worried. She isn't embarrassed. She is likely sitting down to hot chocolate with Abraham Lincoln and Vincent Van Gogh and discussing the challenges of earth life with Bi-Polar Depression.

Either that or she is teaching the discussions to Farrah, Michael and Billy Mays.

1 comment:

Tina said...

For one, I didn't know anything about your mom . . . . she must have been a great lady, because your dad was an awfully great guy also. He was my doctor throughout my childhood and teenagerhood he even delivered my 2nd child when we lived in Delta (only a couple of years as a married woman). You were all stellar citizens of Delta!!!