Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 20 From Beatles to Mini Mouse

The boys and I had a ball last night. Being the TVless fam that we currently are, meal times are different than they were in our previously cabled home. Rather than timing dinner between Sponge Bob and Fresh Prince and having three little boys gulp down their food before returning to their brain-rotting posts, they actually hung out in the kitchen with me while I cooked.

Okay. Cooking is using the world rather liberally. I sliced, microwaved and created aesthetically pleasing little piles on our new-from-Target square red plates.

Drew slipped his new CD into the Bose so we could rock on while cooking. Sierra gave him a Beatles CD for his birthday. It has to be said, I'm not sure my boys would know of my excellent talent in dance if we still had cable TV. I had them roaring with laughter at my hilarious rendition of don't-know-why-you-say-goodbye-I-say-hello. I waved and shrugged my shoulders at the don't-know-why part and got seriously jiggy-withit!

Or something.

Then the yellow submarine song came on. I got an excellent work-out and realized many of the moves from my Rebelette days Oh-Micky-You're-So-Fine dance fit right in with Yellow Submarine. Can you picture little high school girls dressed as Minnie Mouse, being incredibly cute, doing the dance I choreographed while slicing apples and heating soy dogs? I can. Maybe with all this extra time I have without television I'll coach a drill team.

Or just hang with my own.

Tomorrow I'm going to teach the boys how to moonwalk.

No comments: