Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

When James was a baby, Doug insisted he couldn't sleep with us. He did anyway. By the time Christian was born, it was Doug who brought the baby into bed.
I was talking to Doug on the phone this morning. He is in Montana with Dougie Junior and Joey, and Christian is here with me taking care of Pearl in Provo. Actually, Christian is at Aunt Liz's, I'm sure he is having a ball, frolicking freely with his cousins. I'm at Anne's letting Pearl sleep in.
Doug told me he didn't sleep really well last night. He said all four boys slept in our bed. I asked him, "Did you adopt a couple while I was gone?"
He said, "No, we were just having so much fun last night and Dougie Junior thought it would be a good idea if we all slept in our bed. I heard a little voice tell me, 'no, that would NOT be a good idea', but I ignored it and all four boys, Doug, Dougie Junior, Joey and Brinkley slept together."
I said, "You let BRINKLEY sleep in our bed?"
He said, "Well we were all having fun and it started out so comfy."
I'm picturing Joey's feet in Doug's face, Junior's elbow in his side, and Brinkley licking everybody awake at 4 A.M.
I told him, "Doug, you are a big marshmallow. In fact, you are a toasted marshmallow. You are a little crispy on the outside but on the inside you are all warm and gooey."
He assured me that he is indeed, not a marshmallow. Brinkley was barking happily in the background.
Now how am I going to train him to sleep in his kennel again when I get home?
I mean Brink, not Doug.

No comments: