Aunt Lollie and baby Jake

Aunt Lollie and baby Jake
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!!

Followers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ghosts of children gone to college
haunt the halls in my abode
Eager lasses seeking knowledge
slow to kiss the waiting toad
Ghosts of grandkids yet to happen
flutter past on angel wings
In my beds they could be nappin'
in my kitching baking things
But my home is bare and lonely
only walls of photos stay
and they mock me for they're only
images of yesterday
I refuse to be submitted
to the hauntings of the past
to the present I'm committed
and my now is fading fast
I will go to graduate school
and so become who I will be
will fluttering wings think me a fool
to leave behind the youngest three?
Angels know their grandma's heart
they are wiser than I am
I must learn the balance art
twixt school and Spencer, Drew and Sam
So I'll juggle and I'll grow
prioritizing as I do
As I study I will know
parenting as scholars do
There will not be homemade breadand
I may have to hire out
But the boys will all be fed
and each will be an eagle scout
When my nest is really empty
I will have a role to fill
cruel self pity will not tempt me
and I'll be a mother still
Is my quest for education
part of an eternal plan?
Is the scope of my creation
filled by doing what I can
to serve and comfort those in need
who haven't been as blessed as me?
Fellow men who I must feed
and doing so bless my family

No comments: